The Pentagon Force Protection Agency (PFPA) and allied partner agencies will conduct a joint, full-scale emergency response exercise, Agile Warrior, Sat., July 27, 2019, from 8:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. on the Pentagon Reservation.
Some folks are nervous about this because in the past, when the feds schedule some type of "Drill" or "Exercise" it somehow turns out to either become the real thing, or the real thing actually takes place within a week or so . . .
Agile Warrior is designed to evaluate response and recovery plans, training, and interagency coordination in the event of an all-hazards emergency incident at the Pentagon. It is not based on any current specific or credible threat.
This event is not open to the public or media. If you see activities near the Pentagon, do not be alarmed; it is part of the exercise. Exercise activity will include: police officers, firemen, and emergency first-responders.
- The Pentagon Metro Station will be closed Sat., July 27, 2019, until 2:00 p.m. Metro trains will not stop at the Pentagon the exercise ends (2:00 p.m.).
- The Pentagon bus platform will be closed Sat., July 27, 2019, until 2:00 p.m. During this period, all buses will be directed to Pentagon City instead.
- Visitors and tourists traveling to the Pentagon or Pentagon Memorial should exit at Pentagon City and use the pedestrian tunnel near Hayes Street that leads to the Pentagon South Parking Lot.
- When normal service resumes, Metro will notify customers via MetroAlerts’ email, text messages, and social media. To receive notification, sign up for MetroAlerts.
- Route 395, Exit 8A will be closed during the exercise to prevent access to the Pentagon’s South Parking Lot via Rotary Road.
- Vehicles may access the South Parking area in one of three ways: via Columbia Pike, via Route 27/Washington Blvd., or via the 395/South Parking exit.
REMINDER: YOU can keep this web site FREE to the General Public by clicking one or more of the 12 ads below which generates Advertiser revenue of two to three cents per click - no purchase necessary by you -- and helps offset operating costs for this web site.