US Army goes to highest state of Health Protection HPCON-DELTA

US Army Goes To Highest State of Health Protection:

SUBJECT: FRAGO 13 TO HQDA EXORD 144-20 ARMY WIDE PREPAREDNESS AND
RESPONSE TO CORONAVIRUS (COVID-19) OUTBREAK//
(U) REFERENCES.
REF//A/ THROUGH REF//WW/ NO CHANGE.
REF//XX/ [ADD] FRAGO 12 TO HQDA EXORD 144-20 ARMY WIDE PREPAREDNESS
AND RESPONSE TO CORONAVIRUS (COVID-19) OUTBREAK, DTG: 230210Z MAR
20//
1. (U) SITUATION. [ADD] MITIGATION MEASURES TAKEN BY THE ARMY TO
BLUNT THE SPREAD OF COVID-19 HAVE PROVEN INSUFFICIENT. COVID-19
CONTINUES TO SPREAD GEOGRAPHICALLY AS THE NUMBER OF INFECTED PERSONS
CONTINUES TO RISE. CIVILIAN CAPABILITY AND CAPACITY ARE BECOMING MORE
STRESSED AS DENSE POPULATION CENTERS CONTINUE TO REPORT HIGHER RATES
OF INFECTION THAT ARE IMPACTING MAJOR TRANSPORTATION HUBS AND SUPPLY
CHAINS. ADDITIONAL MEASURES AND ACTIONS ARE REQUIRED TO PROTECT THE
FORCE FROM FURTHER SPREAD OF COVID-19. FOR EXAMPLE, TO MAINTAIN
STRATEGIC READINESS AND PRESERVE OUR RAPID-RESPONSE CAPABILITIES, WE
ARE PLACING RAPID-RESPONSE FORCES UNDER HPCON DELTA

HPCON Delta is the Army's highest state of Health Protection Condition levels. Severe restrictions on travel and anything that might expose Army personnel to a pathogen.

The entire order is six pages long. I can post the entire thing if people want to read it,, but he first paragraph contained the most important information.

Andrew Smith · 14 days ago
    Time for the US military to bring their personnel home to help and serve the domestic population, instead of illegally occupying sovereign foreign countries.
    Gregory Hoehn · 14 days ago
    sorry that was so politically incorrect. not!
    Gregory Hoehn · 14 days ago
    The sky is falling ,the sky is falling ,pussy sheeple , no your rights and your wealth and everything you worked so hard for, is being ripped off ,and you are just sitting on your laurels and doing nothing. Wake Up!!!!!!
    kenneth Singleton · 14 days ago
    Army headquarters in Washington, D.C., ordered all of its installations to assume health protection condition level Charlie on Wednesday, restricting work to essential personnel only and limiting access points onto bases.
    Larry Taylor · 14 days ago
    Again, Thanks Hal !!!
    BU · 14 days ago
    Bring on Delta Farce!!
    Donald Foreman · 14 days ago
    From Medical family in Kansas as follows: Background: My entire immediate family work in the medical field with four adults and one infant living in the same household. I (64) work as a paramedic in the hospital setting, my wife (58) is an ED manager, my DIL (22) is an ER nurse and my son (25) is a Trauma specialist (ER Nurse that works trauma). My son and DIL work at one major trauma center (hospital) in town, my wife and I at the other major trauma center. We reside in a moderate sized metropolitan area, one that can support two level one trauma centers, in south central Kansas. If you have a map, you can figure it out without me having to give you the exact location here on the the internet.

March 13: My DIL worked an evening shift when a patient arrived complaining of chest pain. That was the patients primary complaint. No cough, cold symptoms, flu symptoms (other than low grade fever discovered later during evaluation and treatment), or anything else that would indicate a viral infection. It wasn't until later, when the patient was moved upstairs, that further lab work indicated that the patient was a candidate for Covid-19 testing. The patient, three days later, was diagnosed with Covid-19.

I suspect that my DIL's possible exposure was community acquired as opposed to hospital acquired due to the long incubation time, but there is no way to prove that theory one way or the other.

March 21: DIL developed a sore throat and 'cold like' symptoms.

March 22: DIL developed a fever and has maintained a temperature between 99.1 and 101.6 for the past two days. Has displayed nocturnal dyspnea (more trouble breathing at night) and has had to utilize her asthma inhaler a few times. 02 saturation dropped to as low as 91 during these events (multiple times over two nights).

March 24: Went to her MD and was tested for influenza A & B, Strep, and other viral infections (ones that could be ran in a rapid setting). All tests came back negative. She then was swabbed for Covid-19. KDHE (Kansas department of health & environment) will do the testing and results will be available in 4 to 5 days. She is now a Person Under Investigation.

For the last five days, all of us in the household have been 'exposed'. My grand-daughter has ran a low grade fever for the past couple of days, but other than the elevated temperature, no other signs or symptoms of flu like illness are present. She doesn't 'act' sick and appears 'normal'.

I've moved the fifth wheel up near the house to be used as a 'quarantine' abode, but at this point, it is probably a futile effort. We'll see. If my DIL symptoms worsen (which indicates an increased viral load), then I'll move my wife (who has CLL-Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia) out there to reside. Our house (two story farm type on acreage) is large enough to provide a degree of social distancing, but like everything else, it's a crap shoot on how much is enough.

Just remember, we ALL work where folks with Covid-19 tend to congregate when sick so social distancing is a mute point if viewed from that angle.

No one else in the house has displayed any symptoms as of the time of this writing.
      DD7 · 14 days ago
      Please order Super Garlic Immune Syrup from Dr. Christopher's Herbs immediately, as much as you can to protect your whole family - it could very well save all your lives. The stuff is very potent and kills everything in its path. My whole family is taking it. https://drchristophersherbs.com/products/super-garlic-immune-syrup Dr. C. was a master herbalist - this company knows what they are doing.
      JCat · 14 days ago
      You and your family are in my prayers. Thank you so much for posting.
    patrick star · 14 days ago
    please post link to full order
    Jonathan Madden · 14 days ago
    Good Day HAL, I spoke with my good friend on base in North Carolina and He said they went to HPCON Delta 48 hours ago. Lets just say he is on the front line and this is some spook in the dark scary stuff. This Virus keeps morphing into a worse state not lessening.
      Anne1776 · 14 days ago
      ty for the direct info. Prayers for your friend and all of us.