The Chinese government has imposed a QUARANTINE of the city of Wuhan, over the outbreak and spread of a new and deadly coronavirus.
Official records say more than three-hundred (300) have become infected since the outbreak started on 31 December, but hospital staff claim more than one-thousand, seven-hundred (1700) are hospitalized with serious symptoms.
Official records say six (6) people have died from this disease, but hospital sources claim "hundreds" are already dead!
Anyone ever remember a city of 11 million placed in quarantine before?
The amount of news being dumped on this story, so fast, makes many people think they do not have this contained and are concerned this has already spread out of control.
The scalable map below shows Wuhan, China, a city with a population of 11.08 MILLION people!
Below is an announcement of a local Wuhan authority, saying that no one is allowed to leave Wuhan until the outbreak dies out.
Intelligence sources confirm to the Hal Turner Radio Show that within China, the virus is literally EXPLODING out of control. "Thousands" are already sick and the disease is spreading so fast, there's no way to handle all the sick people.
Despite this, the "Official" Chinese report on the situation claims the following:
As of Tuesday, 21 January, Thailand, Japan, South Korea, and late in the day, the United States all confirmed cases:
The warning came as a study by the University of Hong Kong (HKU) estimated that the virus had already spread to 20 other mainland cities from Wuhan in Hubei province between January 1 and 17, suggesting the situation was worse than officially reported.
In the USA, a man in his 30's is confirmed infected in Seattle, Washington after returning from a trip to Wuhan. He is described as "severely ill."
IT HAS GONE GLOBAL
As of 6:30 PM eastern US time, the Hal Turner Show can also confirm at least FOUR (4) patients in a Windsor, Ontario, Canada hospital are presently QUARANTINED awaiting confirmation they too are infected ! ! ! ! MORE: Australia, UK, Scotland NOW ALSO HAVE PEOPLE QUARANTINED awaiting test results just today.
UPDATE: Mexico media is reporting new case of nCoV-2019 coronavirus in Monterrey, México.
The symptoms of infection are rather common at first: Fever, chills, cough. But they swiftly worsen to become life-threatening. The info-graphic below lays out the symptoms:
China’s National Health Commission yesterday confirmed that the never-before-seen SARS-like coronavirus had spread between humans; And now the body has revealed the unnamed infection is spread from the lungs and may travel in saliva – such as through coughs.
Professor Zhong Nanshan, leader of the National Health Commission's expert team, revealed the virus is likely to be spread by saliva in a press conference today.
He told the meeting: 'As of now, it is affirmative that the new strain of coronavirus can be passed between humans.
'The virus is spread through respiratory system and distance of impact is not long, but it is possible that the virus was passed after being stuck to saliva.'
Professor Zhong said officials must 'quarantine the patients and stop them from contacting others'. Antibiotics will not tackle the virus because the drugs only work on bacterial infections.
The US Centers for Disease Control (CDC) has increased its ALERT Level to "2"
People in China have been buying filter masks to try protecting themselves from infection. SO MANY PEOPLE HAVE BOUGHT MASKS, THEY ARE SOLD OUT ! ! ! !
Now that this disease is confirmed here in America, YOU may wish to purchase these inexpensive masks for yourself or your family BEFORE THEY SELL OUT HERE TOO.
The National Institutes of Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH) rates masks, and the masks you should get should be rated N-95 or N-100
Links to sellers on EBAY, who carry these masks are below. The Hal Turner Radio Show IS NOT the seller.
UPDATE 7:22 PM EST --
The World Health Organization (WHO) is now raising the possibility of ‘sustained’ human-to-human transmission of new virus in China.
-The WHO’s defines sustained human-to-human transmission as transmitting easily from one person to the next and then further onward
-International outbreaks of other diseases such as bird flu viruses or MERS (30% mortality)— Middle Eastern respiratory syndrome — have been relegated to limited human-to-human transmission, not sustained transmission.
-“Each day our new findings are not good,” said Michael Osterholm, director of the Center for Infectious Diseases Research and Policy at the University of Minnesota. “This is beginning to look more like SARS every hour.”
-“That has very important implications for the response. It becomes much more challenging to control an outbreak with sustained human-to-human transmission, clearly,” Tom Inglesby, director of the Johns Hopkins Center for Health Security
Authorities in Shanghai have already begun spraying what they call "Disinfectant" into the air along streets in that city ! ! ! Video below shows the spraying taking place.
When have you EVER seen --THIS-- type of government response to a virus???? Something is very wrong here; and it seems much worse than government is letting on. You would do well to grab your family some filter masks at the links above . . .
HOW TO PROTECT YOURSELF
Here's how you can protect yourself from any virus, even if it is the worst pandemic killer strain imaginable.
1. Wash your hands and face often, especially after touching any surface that anyone else may have touched. Just a few examples: door handles, money, gasoline pumps, table tops, chairs, everything in a public restroom, etc, etc.
2. NEVER touch your hands to your face. Most people have a habit of doing this a lot and it is, by far, the number one way to catch any virus including influenza, typical respiratory infections (colds, bronchitis) and so forth. All you have to do to get infected is touch anything someone else who is infected touched and then touch your face and boom, you're infected.
3. Many have mentioned colloidal silver, echinacea, goldenseal root, vitamin C, vitamin D3, apple cider vinegar, etc. These are all helpful in building up the immune system but are not fail-safe.
4. Avoid large public venues, especially if they are indoors, such as arenas, gymnasiums, meeting rooms and the like. This is because you are gathered with large numbers of other people and it is highly likely that some of these are infected and contagious. And if they cough or sneeze, you may well be exposed. Any indoor environment enhances the risk of contracting a virus by way of aerosol transmission. In outdoor locations the infecting agent is more likely to be dispersed before it can reach you.
5. If a major outbreak is underway in your area, avoid restaurants and stores if at all possible. If you must go to these places, be acutely aware of anyone coughing or sneezing or showing signs of infection and if at all possible, stay as far away from them as you can. Unless someone coughs or sneezes right on you or very near you, if you can move away from them quickly it is unlikely you will catch their infection through aerosol transmission alone.
6. Finally, if it makes you feel more secure, buy a N100 surgical mask for when you are out in public.
Do all of these things and you will reduce your risk of getting infected by about 98 percent, even during the worst imaginable outbreak or pandemic. Oftentimes the fear-mongering makes it seem as if you are helpless and there is nothing you can do to avoid disaster but this simply is not so. The problem is that the vast majority of people are either ignorant about how to protect themselves and/or they don't make an effort to do so. Others may go into full panic mode in an extreme situation but this too is of no help whatsoever. You have more control over your fate than you likely realize.
UPDATE -- FULL QUARANTINE IMPOSED
NO ONE IN OR OUT OF ENTIRE CITY (STORY HERE)
Now that you have read this story, please COVER THE COST for what your visit cost this site by clicking one or more of the ads below which generates Advertiser revenue of two to three cents per click - no purchase necessary by you -- and helps offset operating costs for this web site.
When YOU read a story here, the web hosting company charges us for "data transfer / Bandwidth" to convey the material to you. Without your help by clicking an ad below, this web site would be in danger of shut down from the data transfer charges. Please click any ad below to offset the cost of bringing this news to you.