China Quarantines Shenzen; now 400 MILLION under Quarantine as CDC Says Virus Containment "Not Possible" in China

China has decided to lock down Shenzen, a city of about fourteen million inhabitants, which borders Hong Kong.  This latest action by China brings the total such action to 3 Provinces, including 60 cities, with populations totaling just over Four-Hundred-Million.

China has now Quarantined more people than live in the entire United States of America as it tries to battle corona virus!

Never before in recorded history has any government on the planet Quarantined so many people.  Yet the "official" disease reports from inside China claim the number infected is about 34598 worldwide, with deaths tallying 723 .   These numbers strike many around the world as "completely false" because, critics say, "no government on earth would Quarantine 400 Million and shut down ninety percent (90%) of its manufacturing for a mere 630 deaths. "

Thus, critics say China is grossly withholding real information about the scope of the disease.

Intelligence sources say that China now faces "over Twenty Million infected and over ONE MILLION DEAD."   Those Intelligence sources say crematories throughout China are operating at full capacity, 24 hours a day.   The Crematories in Hubei Province are allegedly cremating more than 2,000 bodies per day . . . and that's just in Hubei Province where the outbreak seems to have begun.

The so-called "corona virus" has spread to about 25 countries worldwide and continues to spread.  Evidence found by analysing the virus has lead many to believe the virus was actually a Biological Weapon, being worked on at the Wuhan Laboratory of Virology, the only Level Four Bio-Lab in China, located in Wuhan where the disease outbreak started.   Many say the virus was accidentally released from the Lab; a claim China ferociously denies.

As a result, people have been purchasing N-95 and N-100 filter masks in an effort to protect themselves.  Purchases of those masks has reached such high levels, there is now a global shortage of those masks.

Meanwhile, the World Health Organization (WHO) continues to spew what many see as propaganda, about "no need to stop travel between China and other countries" and "China is being very transparent and helpful."  Such public statements are being viewed by many around the world as either complete stupidity or intentional lies.

Media outlets are only now beginning to cover this outbreak in any meaningful manner, but it seems clear their coverage is designed to prevent panic rather than convey the horrible gravity of the situation.

Said one source "They won't tell everyone how bad it is until everyone already knows."

Baba Jagaja · 3 months ago
    Try movie "Contagion 2011", its like if they film verry similar corona virus scenario.
    Everyone asks about how this virus got out.
    I have a theory.
    The 1st info out about the Wuhan lab said the inspectors did not think their protocols where stro g enough to contain and a breech would happen.
    Videos I've watched about these wet markets show people randomly touching the meat to check tenderness and such. Not necessarily buying what they touch.
    Most Chinese buy food daily and don't have refrigeration.
    The virus started 6-10 miles from lab.
    I think someone left work at the lab with virus on their hands. Went to the market to get meat for dinner. Touched several pieces of meat choosing the one they wanted.
    Unknown to other buyers they bought infected meat & caught the virus.
    It think it was an accident. Someone had a hole in their glove or didn't scrub well before they left.
    ARISTOTLE PAPADATOS · 3 months ago
    All of you who you write in this column, you are entirely out of reality!! And you think foolishly! Death is knocking our door louder and more louder every day! And you don't turn your eyes onto our only Savior and Lord of our earth and our souls, Jesus Christ! Who asks us to repent and be saved through His valuable blood from this sinful and perverse world!
      TSlinger · 3 months ago
      This is prep #1. All else is just going about how we feel led. I won't criticize the prepper, nor the one who carries the word. All have a role- we are not all the same cookie cutter creations. All have roles to fulfill- means to His ends. Perhaps everything I do is to provide for my family or even someone unrelated down the road. I don't know. Christ Jesus is A#1 and no- nothing else matters in the end. But I occupy until...appreciate your words brother- they are truth indeed. He alone is sovereign.
      Thermonic Emission · 3 months ago
      Jesus came to offer a path toward salvation AFTER death. He didn't Save us from plagues, starvation, nuclear war, or any other malady of the face of the Earth. That is up to us!
      Geez · 3 months ago
      Which apostle said "Faith without works is dead." Thats right, James did.

“For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also.” James 2:26

So sitting on your couch preaching but not preparing is like having tits on bull.
    Reply to TSlinger
    You make me laugh.
    You ask advise then argue with everything given by anyone giving it.
    Im beginning to believe youre off grid because you cant get off the fence.
    You say you "store" thing. You say you have the funds.
    I think youre just "storing the funds"
    Everyone here can see the writing on the wall. Most are getting as ready as they can. You brag about being able but wobble on the fence about what to do.
    Alot of what we get comes from China. China's not sending anything for the foreseeable future. If you have the ability to beat the "golden hord" to whats available now I would do so without haste!!
    As for not wanting soy and such in your preps I fully understand that. I just presumed that since you are reading & writing here you were able to read lables to ensure what you are buying.
      TSlinger · 3 months ago
      Brag? Ask advice? Argue? Where? You've seriously mis-read. You are seriously making foolish assertions and assumptions. I also work in the financial industry (like a fish out of water, but...), and the companies I help manage top the multi-billions in sales- the biggest companies you see, use, hear, and know of every day. That's not a brag, that's PERSPECTIVE. Everything I offer is opinion and perspective. I complimented you, so climb off your horse. My stores are beyond your ability to imagine- you ought to be careful of your assumptions. We seasoned AZ folk can, and we do. In harsh conditions. I also run EVERY decision through the lens of Holy scripture, so when you criticize, you oughta know the process...it appears you do not.
        Your original post was about the carts you had ready to pull the trigger on.
        This shows a mind set that you know what needs to be done.
        My recommendation was do it! Better yet by local & have it in hand now and gave examples.
        You poopooed my recommendation and dissed my recommended product.
        Bilbo gave a recomendation on how to order & safeguard your investment. You poopooed him. Knowing what you need to do and arguing your way from it sounds like a fence sitter to me.
        My intent by calling you out was to get you to jump off one side or the other.
        It was an act of love & kindness not misplaced agression. Time is short. We have very little time for hesitation and second guessing. I truly hope & pray that everyone that can prepare does. And when they do they plan for a few extra. Either to heip others or to carry them the extra miles they didn't think they'd have to go.
          TSlinger · 3 months ago
          "Poopooed" eh? Ok then...look, I consider ALL advice, then I strain it through my filter of life experiences and knowledge and capabilities. But I will disagree with some. Or maybe a lot more than some. But "poopooed"? Come on...you'd have to know a LOT more about me to discern my intentions and my means. We're all offering up advice and opinions. In the end, each will make up his own mind, but I'd dial back the assumptions. Seldom are they accurate.
      Grim · 3 months ago
      The giant hole in the China supply line is working it's way towards the rest of the world. When it hits here, the time to prepare will be over. That's the way it is with most disasters, this one is just approaching a bit slower than most. Of course, the looming disaster in China in both manufacturing and the financial markets are going to have severe and long-term consequences for US companies as well. We've spent the last 30+ years hitching our retail wagon to China's manufacturing capabilities and when they go down, we go with them.
        Pardon my typos...
        TSlinger · 3 months ago
        You are so right. Think bigger. I work for one of the biggest financial companies in the world...the outlook speaks a lot outward a key phrase: "headwinds". Of course that's code-speak. It's about to get really rough. Business must go on, but in the face of what the 2 largest economy on the planer is throwing at us...the disease itself in my opinion is secondary. What if you survive or it isn't hat bad here? The repercussions financially are incalculable. Implosion is a slow, steady, painful process. Many will wish they'd caught the disease if it plays out like I think it has the "potentiality" to do. I would LOVE to be wrong...I HOPE that I am. Point is...you gotta think waaaay out there. Like 1600's for several years to be safe. Then again, it could all blow over if it is not God's timing. But who can know?
    Ted Dunham · 3 months ago
    So when does the SHTF here. All those Chinese students came back first week of January. It's 4 weeks now. We have 12 cases that we know about. I won't buy that the authorities are keeping a lid on the real numbers. Too many in the work force wouldn't stay silent on it. I'm sure though more are being tested.

Something is off on all of this.
    Sandra McIntosh · 3 months ago
    We, the American people are in deep doo doo. We get 80% of our drug ingredients from china and 100% of our antibiotics from china. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xr5cnm-RAC4
    Grim · 3 months ago
    Now with Shenzen locked down, the panic will intensify in Hong Kong, where a huge amount of Chinese funds and financial transactions pass through. When Hong Kong collapses, a kill shot portion of China's banking sector will go with it. Next stop, world-wide financial meltdown. For the last several days since the virus news first hit, major countries including China and the US have been propping up their markets with dark money pushed in through the back door, but that' won't work for much longer. Personally, I believe their recent actions are just to give the real money players in the background enough time to evacuate their financial interests from the markets, before the house burns to the ground.
      TSlinger · 3 months ago
      This and then some. It doesn't take much over a 2-3% hit to supply and the markets will start tanking big time! Implosion and domino effect will take your breath away. With 40% or more of production down in these provinces- and by down I mean ceased- how long until the reverberations hit? I'm prepared to drop about $3-4K in supplies tomorrow...watching the underground info...you gotta think big- waaaayyy outside the immediate box.

Got canned goods? Got openers and wood for cooking? Water for prep?
      Got a family? Sanitation is a big problem to solve for.
      Can you stay warm in winter and cool in summer?
      Know how to hide and not let off a signature?
      Have weapons? Great...what's your ammo supply?
      Where is nearest big body of water and how will you clean it?
      Got emergency comms? A plan for meetup?
      Got fuel- of all kind for a couple/few months?
      Can you procure food when you run out? what are you willing to eat?

Surface scratches. You can have your gloves and face masks. You'll be dead in no time.

Read: One Second After.
    TSlinger · 3 months ago
    I could not care less about masks and such. My gamble now is...when to press "buy" on my pre-loaded carts on various sites? To order LONG term supplies and items that I am sure will be bought up... I have the funds, but I'm also careful and frugal...that's why I have the funds. Folks can have their "doomsday" items...I know how to live off grid...know what I mean? I know practical...
      Copperhead · 3 months ago
      Remember that Amazon watches cart contents and will crank the price or simply remove the item from your cart on 'hot' items.
      Buy!!!!!
      Better yet
      Go to your local wally world
      Many of them sell AugestinFarms
      In #10 cans.
      Buy it now have it in hand. I also recommend dehydrated over freed dried. Reconstitutes better & better volume.
      Also if you have a bulk store example winnco. You can place an order with them & have it on them next shipment 2-3 days. Place in storage buckets. Many bakeries will give buckets & lids away to get rid of them. FWIW I put 2 - 3gal buckets of saltwater taffy in a bucket as tight as I could pack it. 3 years later was like the day I packed it, soft & sweet. You can use mylar if you choose. I find it unnecessary if the bucket is full & tight. Little to no air.
      As for the Aug
        TSlinger · 3 months ago
        I hear ya, but....#10 cans are the biggest waste of money. Canned goods have a minimum 5-6 year shelf life and longer if not swelled. I'm also a hunter, so....
          Copperhead · 3 months ago
          #10 cans are economical if you open and consume them within a couple weeks. I only store #10s of freeze-dried milk. Canned goods, small packages of dried potatoes, rice, noodles and baking goods that only require water and heating are a good solution as well - they don't take up a lot of storage space, and can be easily rotated with normal grocery shopping.
          #10 dehydrated have shelf life of 10-15 years. I also hunt, fish, trap, can & dehydrate. Ive spent 10+ years off grid. The #10s are a great back up when game is not prevalent, gardens not growing & wild harvest is not available.
          2 is 1! 1 is none
            TSlinger · 3 months ago
            If you hunt, fish, trap- then you already know...few would make it 1 year in the worst case. More than that is overkill, so I plan for 5 tops. I have 3 full safes and overflow in closets and under beds...My dad was MacGuyver...as was my step dad who outlived him. The current honorary dad is an outfitter by trade- no other job. I am the main beneficiary. I know how. So do you. You are in that upper 1%. If we were closer geographically...we could pool resources...
              Copperhead · 3 months ago
              Based on my experience, 1 out of 100 would survive more than a month unless they turn to looting - even then the bulk of those would do something stupid and die within a few months. Honestly, if you're not already prepared - both physically and mentally, it's too late.
                TSlinger · 3 months ago
                I would totally agree. And as I age, staying in shape gets harder and harder- I'm not the least bit excited about the prospect of truly roughing it at my age. Life softens a lot of us. My last big game hunt was almost 2 weeks long and those first 3 days were awful, but I rebounded quickly...but I'm not doing that every month! I feel the conditioning leave me. Trying to maintain it in the home gym now...but still not the same. Fortunately I work from home and it gives me a lot of time to assess things and work on my "discipline".
        Augustin farms. Ive eaten or tried most everything they offer & the quality is great. Even the powdered eggs are light & pluffy scrambled.
        Just don't forget while you're putting your preps together to remember self defense ?! Cabalas sells bullets in a can as well!
          Copperhead · 3 months ago
          Their breakfast combo is great.
          TSlinger · 3 months ago
          And...they are so overloaded with soy product they ought to be strung up! Men need T in crisis, and everyday, not more estrogen. "F" that feminizing "survival" crap.
      bilbo baggins · 3 months ago
      If it was me and there was a return option then I would go ahead and do so. Worse case scenario I spend some time and a little money shipping the items back in exchange for more peace of mind. If you are talking about an exorbitant amount of money, maybe consider buying half now?
      Dale Power · 3 months ago
      Given that new supplies will NOT be coming from China, you might want to risk buying now. If you wait for an admission of containment being breached in your section of the world, then it will be too late.

I DO get your point. If you don't have the items at the right time, then you won't have them, however. It's a gamble, really. Still, that's everything in life.
        TSlinger · 3 months ago
        I have everything. But when you set to pepping for anything, you find holes or short-term-only coverage. And yes, supply is cut off. If it ain't in US stock now- you are screwed.
    bilbo baggins · 3 months ago
    I seem to remember hearing that when "Shenzen gets locked down the SHHTF"...
      Dale Power · 3 months ago
      I heard it was the major ports... Which have also been locked down...
        Grim · 3 months ago
        China is now in deep sh!t on three fronts. Their manufacturing is down over one-third, which is the last figure I heard and is probably worse by now. Their shipping is collapsing and most ports are now closed, except for maybe the largest Shanghai and it won't be online much longer. Finally, Hong Kong is the lynch pin to a huge portion of their financial sector and it's likely to collapse in a few days.

As far as a financial power, China is done, unless they open up the vaults to their giant gold horde and start selling to keep their economy afloat. They would probably only do this, if there was a reasonable certainty that their manufacturing could restart in the near future. Of course, if they did this, it would result in an immediate upward spike in gold prices, which would cause other world currencies like the dollar to be forced down severely in value and cause a ton of financial consequences. Finally, there's the outside chance that they could launch their long-awaited gold backed, digital currency. Theoretically, it would quickly become an asset safe haven much preferred over the dollar and could result in foreign capital streaming in, but that's just a semi-wild theory at present.