PANIC-BUYING OF FOOD CLEARS STORES IN ITALY - CORONAVIRUS

PANIC-BUYING OF FOOD CLEARS STORES IN ITALY - CORONAVIRUS

The Panic has begun.   As reported  on this web site on Saturday (HERE) the world is now suddenly realizing the scope and deadliness of Coronavirus, and they are PANICKING.   Store shelves are literally being CLEARED of food, as people desperately try to prepare for the coming Quarantines.

Those who waited to prepare, are now panicking to do so now.

Store shelves are being WIPED-OUT of food:

EVERYTHING is going . . .

This will now begin repeating itself over and over, elsewhere . . .  INCLUDING HERE IN AMERICA:

What will be left for YOU, when this storm hits here in America?   Better get yours while you still can . . .

HERE ARE OTHER "PREPS" YOU NEED, ORDER THEM NOW . . .  HERE

HeyJude · 3 months ago
    Is anyone else having the problem that their list of last minute preps is getting longer every time they shop? I keep thinking of things to add - in addition to the commonly available lists - so that I am never "done". Much has to be acquired as I am in a new town, new house.
      TSlinger · 3 months ago
      There's always "one more thing". Like study hiking shoes for your 'fashion conscious' daughter. Or extra freezer bags and aluminum foil. Or manual can openers. Or Q-tips. Or propane attachment accessories. Or a good sharpener for that knife you bought. And a literal million other little details...
      Carl Goldsworthy · 3 months ago
      "new town, new house."
      Me too - I prioritize jobs, purchases as asap for daily living, then useful with or without the virus hitting so as not to waste money.
      Pleased to get old farmers (milking disinfectant) 25 litre plastic drums at the local recycling centre. I did forget to ask ! - just stuck a couple in the boot.
      Cleaned and filled with water - useful whether or not the virus comes around.
    lisa bankos · 3 months ago
    I appreciate everyone's comments to my previous post. I am here because I trust Hal and the information he gives us. I also think it's great to read all of the information and advice that everyone posts. Who cares if everyone around me thinks I'm crazy. I will be prepared as best I can. That being said is anyone planning on not going to work or sending the kids to school Thursday? Hope Hal is feeling better. God Bless You All
      Janet Wantage · 3 months ago
      I would not send kids to school. If they miss a day they can catch up, or better still ask for the class work in advance. I have no choice but to go to work. I asked my spouse to take the day off.
      James Huff · 3 months ago
      Lisa,

I plan on going to work on Thursday, but my daughter will "not" be going to school on Thursday. Friday? (Depends on Thursday...) :-)

For those who read these posts and don't already have a rain barrel, Sam's Club has the 65 gallon rain barrel for sale at $89.99. Twin spickot model. (may be an extra 't' in the spelling. Appears my computer doesn't recognize that word.) Anyway, I know some people were looking for these and online they are expensive. You should be able to pick up relatively cheap barrels at your local lumber yard as well, one would think.

Basically, prep-time is almost over... We pray everyone stays safe. God be with you all.
        Mechele See · 3 months ago
        It is an odd word. Spigot. Which would be a really good idea to have on your rain barrel. I would also like to recommend grabbing screen filters to help filter the water of larger particles. (Like the ones for your washing machine hoses) Best wishes to everyone.
      C D · 3 months ago
      I’ve taken Monday to Thursday off to finish everything around here and prep for my family as I am not sure I’ll make it back.

Ive types up instructions for the family with do’s and do nots ... just Incase I don’t make it back after my business trip.

Flying Friday into a hot zone on the west coast for 2 weeks.

Praying I’ll make it back home before a lockdown.

If I do make it back we’ve made a isolation room on the other side of house with its own entrance where I will hanging out for a month.
        James Huff · 3 months ago
        Be safe, C D. Smart person, to have a separate entrance to an isolation room. good idea.
    Not my normal news source but this caught my eye..

"This study says that a worker at a biowarfare center accidentally transmitted the virus at the Huanan seafood market early in December."
    Hello fellow Turner Radio fans! I know that Hal is out for the night but I wanted to share this link with everyone as fast as possible. The Canadian government is officially telling us to prep.

"Etches said people can take steps now, at home and at work, to prepare.

Some of those steps include stocking up on needed prescriptions ahead of time so there is no need to do so during a possible pandemic. She also recommended people stock up on non-perishable food. "

If you aren't familiar with Canada, Ottawa is our capital city. The Ottawa Citizen is the paper of record when it comes to 'reliable information'. This is a massive signal to the rest of the media to get in line and change their narratives.
      Shane Chambers · 3 months ago
      chlorox and cambells soup stock rallied
      TSlinger · 3 months ago
      That's confirmation...I treasure Canada- sorry about your Trudeau problem, aka the white Obama, don't be dismayed.
    Taylor Luster · 3 months ago
    Get better Hal. Really hoping you are on air tomorrow. Really.
    bilbo baggins · 3 months ago
    RIP Hal... ;p
    Hope you feel better soon Hal. On the plus side, clearly your immune system is functional and ready to react to any potential infection.
    Keith Reindl · 3 months ago
    I hope Hal is ok
    Carl Goldsworthy · 3 months ago
    The community of Chinese people in Italy has grown rapidly in the past ten years. Official statistics indicate there are at least 320,794 Chinese citizens in Italy, although these figures do not account for illegal immigration, former Chinese citizens who have acquired Italian nationality or Italian-born people of Chinese descent.[1]
    jw williams · 3 months ago
    Id just like to say this is the first type of website Ive seen that has polite people commenting on its threads. Any topic on facebook, you will always see a majority of them being smartasses. Im glad to see people on here that are kind and helpful. Its also good to see this type of kindness when we know that a pandemic is coming.
    A little bit of kindness goes a long ways.
    ----JW
      Candace Hathaway · 3 months ago
      That's literally what I said
      Jared Passenger · 3 months ago
      That's because most of the people here are thinkers and planners. They don't listen to CNN and MSNBC etc. They are not normally the new generation of kids who have been taught to disrespect people, that think it's cute and trendy. The generation(s) that get a kick out of kicking dirt in peoples faces while snickering and gloating in the feeling of momentary importance and self elevation. It is a sad mirror of our future. I am 54 and glad I am not facing 40 more years of this mess because I shutter to think what the earth will look like in another 20 years let alone 40.
    Brian Frushour · 3 months ago
    According to the CDC's own website, the criteria for considering if someone may be infected with Covid-19, is have you come back from China in the past 14 days, or have been in close contact with someone that is known to have it. WTF??? If people are asymptomatic for up 14 days (really actually 27), how the f*ck would I KNOW if I've been in contact with someone? The CDC already knows this, I don't get it.
      Anthony Gordon · 3 months ago
      Anthony Gordon · 3 months ago
      Again the CDC is following the mantra in the film Contagion “don’t let anyone know until everyone knows”. They are even keeping medical providers like myself in the dark with almost zero information and their initial screening tool that you described above has not been revised to date. I’ll likely be one of those who will get this. For this reason I Decon every time I come home from seeing patients. Don’t expect the media or our government to give you accurate information. Just prepare the best you can, wash your hands religiously and don’t touch your face. It’s going to be a long ride....
      Jared Passenger · 3 months ago
      In addition, they plan on NOT testing anyone who does have the virus unless they have met the above criteria. So, you could have a flu pandemic raging in this country (the US) and everyone would think it is the "normal" flu and the "confirmed" cases would remain low. That I believe is the plan. Keep the numbers low, tell people what they want to here namely, all is OK, there is nothing to worry about, see the numbers? The chances of you being tested positive is very low. Yes, it IS very low since they plan on NOT testing the people. Get it?
      jw williams · 3 months ago
      Good point
    Mish · 3 months ago
    Whilst here in Australia they just reported on the news that there have been no more new infections in China and that someone from WHO has said it doesn't fit the criteria for a Pandemic, even though I read several statements from various Doctors yesterday that it is Pandemic. China just want all their borders open again due to economic reasons, they don't care whether everyone else in the world get infected. As for no new cases in China, what a load of BS!!!!
      Jared Passenger · 3 months ago
      Of course! Stop testing and the cases of "confirmed" people with the virus goes down considerably! Presto..... now go back to work comrade!
    Deborah Cresswell · 3 months ago
    Thousands of people queue to buy face masks in astonishing drone footage from South Korea as the country is gripped by coronavirus outbreak

Amazing Drone Footage:

The last thing you want to be doing is mingling with other people when there is an outbreak in your area. Prepare ahead of time!
    lisa bankos · 3 months ago
    So I received a few texts from some family stating they listened to the Rush Limbaugh show earlier today. And he stated basically we won't have much to worry about. I didn't hear the broadcast today but that's just another way of them telling me they think I'm crazy for prepping
      Jared Passenger · 3 months ago
      Eventually you will be vindicated. However, the numbers in this country (the US) are being fudged. From what I understand, there is only about 600 test kids in the entire US. They have openly advised that NO testing will be done on those who catch the virus 3rd hand and not directly from someone from China. They will treat it like it's the normal flu. No testing, no "confirmed" cases, get it? So it may take a while, but the truth will out. The action in the stock market will start to raise an eyebrow or two and perhaps the coverage about the reasons for that will make them think a little harder.
      Mish · 3 months ago
      When I was talking to my brother about what I had heard about the Virus he said to me "Obsessed much?" I gave up warning him there and then. You can lead a horse to water.......
        Jared Passenger · 3 months ago
        George Seldes once said: "Tell the truth and run." Very few in the world want the truth. Sure they say they want it. But if it is not what they want to hear, forget being thanked for it. It will be violently opposed, ridiculed and later when it is self evident, they will act like you had no part in it because everyone knows it now. Americans have been so propagandized over the years that they believe nothing anymore. All are lies. So, they assume this also is some sort of BS lie. And most of the time it is. Unfortunately, this time may be different, sort of like being on the right side of a bet until you aren't. That is the time you lose all of your chips.
      Jill Hart · 3 months ago
      I am sorry Lisa, I understand how frustrating it is when people want to tell you they know all they need to know from listening to one person's opinion. Where as I am certain you have done a bunch of research on this whole thing from actual first hand sources, like doctors, people on the ground, scientists, and even the CDC and WHO themselves.
      Copperhead · 3 months ago
      Rush Limbaugh is controlled opposition - always has been and always will be (at least for a little while longer - one way or another).
      TheColorPurple · 3 months ago
      I am listening to Rush as I respond- he basically said that this virus is something the drive-bys are using to attempt destroying the economy/stock market in efforts to get rid of Trump. I believe that yes I am certain that is the case, but it does NOT explain the actions of all the other countries that are responding to this virus. China doesn't lock down 700 million people, destroying their own economy in the process, so our Democrat party can take out our president. It they did, this is a collusion on the most colassal of levels, but it does fix a major debt problem with the two countries, initiates that global reset that is so desperately needed.

I can remember Rush believing with everything he had that Iraq had weapons of mass destruction, and they were floating them around on ships, and was livid every day that Bush wasn't taking action about it. He also has stage IV lung cancer...

More telling to me is that Glenn Beck is barely addressing any of the virus, either...and this is definitely right up his alley. Sure he is putting together a few specials, but he is NOT reporting it much on his website, certainly not like he used to.
        Jill Hart · 3 months ago
        Rush Limbaugh might be a "big" name but his life choices belie his actual intelligence. He is a game show host. Kinda like the game show hosts in Hunger Games.
        TheColorPurple · 3 months ago
        His show today did not do me any favors in convincing family and friends to take this seriously, that's for sure, and unfortunately gives me pause and wonder how much a fool I am going to look by this time next week...I keep telling myself that what's the harm? It's not stuff I wouldn't be using anyway, just accelerated purchases...
          TSlinger · 3 months ago
          BIG difference between smart and wise. The 2 do not necessarily go together. Today, I don't even warn anymore- I just say something along the lines of " I heard such and such. Probably nothing, but make a mental note. If true, could be tomorrow, could be 10 years." Paraphrasing. But I'm not accountable to anyone heeding anything- that includes my pleas to call out to Jesus, to believe and repent.
          Gregg Walker · 3 months ago
          ColorPurple - Yep. That's always the way. It's happened to me plenty of times. You warn friends and family (just in case) and the thing doesn't happen. They stop taking you seriously, and move on. Very frustrating. Don't go bust buying a bunch of stuff, but get some extra food and water and hopefully a way to purify water (like a Berkey). None of that can hurt. If something else happens, earthquake, forest fire, asteroid, whatever, you might be stuck at home and need food and water.

You are NOT the fool for preparing.
          Geez · 3 months ago
          It doesn't matter if we look like fools or look like the most brilliant people who ever inhabited the planet, it just matters that you stay true to what you know in your heart.

BTW I always tell my kin that I am eccentric, not crazy.
            Carl Goldsworthy · 3 months ago
            BTW
            I tell people a smart person can pretend to be dumb, but a dumb person cannot pretend to be smart.

And ask casually, are you smart ?
    gary boyd · 3 months ago
    Could there ALREADY EXIST a natural prevention solution for several strains of the flu, one that also fends off deadly 2019 nCoV Coronavirus?
    Sunday, February 23, 2020 by: S.D. Wells

(Natural News) Influenza and coronavirus have one thing in common as they are both much more likely to infect and kill humans who already have weakened immune systems, but there’s something else most US doctors are not telling anyone. Most Americans have severely compromised immune systems due directly to the vaccines and medicines used most frequently today, including mercury-laced flu shots, antibiotics and most prescription medications. Could there already be a natural cure for these lab-made diseases and genetically modified viral strains they’re spreading all around while they lie and say “there’s no problem at all?”

When you suffer from inflammation from the influenza vaccine toxins, you’re more susceptible to all kinds of infections. When that “full round” of antibiotics wipes out all of your good gut bacteria, your immune system is decimated. As coronavirus circulates the globe, it’s mainly the immune-crippled bottom 10 percent of humans that die from nCoV, or did the CDC not inform you of that on CNN (the Counterfeit News Network), or in your fake world news daily newspaper?

Scientific study determines elderberries immobilize flu virus, plus cut the illness duration in half if you already have it.

Once you read about this chemical compound in elderberries that gives the flu a bully beat down, and that’s not patented by the FDA or CDC yet, you’ll drop the dangerous flu vaccine and run to the closest health food store. Doctors across the United States sling antibiotics at flu symptoms regularly, thinking you’ve got a bacterial infection, and the next thing you know, you’re also getting a flu shot and taking antihistamines, another prescription nightmare that causes sicknesses to fester inside your body. It’s time to get with the program – the natural health program, and swallow it whole.

Unique phytochemicals found in elderberries just so happen to block the flu virus from entering our healthy cells or even attaching to them. They don’t relieve you of symptoms, instead they go to work on the root of the problem, defending you in the strongest way, and naturally at that. That means your immune system isn’t wiped out by mercury and antibiotics. Get it?

One of the reasons any flu or coronovirs can be deadly is because it’s constantly replicating, so if all your doctor does is address the symptoms with medications, you’re in for a rude awakening. Researchers, including doctors, are using farmed elderberries that are turned into a juice serum. The serum is then applied to cells before, during and after they got infected by a strain of flu virus.

The result? Elderberry syrup blocked key viral proteins that are responsible for attaching to cells and entering them. The elderberry extract even fought off the virus late into the infection, by coordinating the release of chemical messengers called cytokines that create a very efficient immune response. If any medical doctors admit to these findings and recommend elderberry to their patients, the AMA will certainly have a “sit down” with that pill slinging machine and remind him/her who’s in charge.

Want some virus-killing elderberry extract syrup for your family’s defense against the flu and possibly even deadly coronavirus?

Think about this for a minute. If you get the flu or the common cold, and your doctor scribbles out a prescription of antibiotics for you, thinking you have a bacterial infection, you could catch coronavirus and die, with that severely compromised immune system for which your medical doctor would be directly responsible. If you catch the flu this year because you got the flu shot, or because you got the flu shot last year and now you’re even more susceptible to the virus this year (science proves that, by the way), well then you’re now highly susceptible to dying from coronavirus, should you catch it.

Did you know that elderberry grows all around in the world, naturally? Yep. The European black elderberry shrub (also known as sambucus nigra) can be found right here in North America, or in Africa, Asia and Europe. That’s why big pharma can’t put a patent on it, screw up its efficacy in a lab, and say it doesn’t work. That’s what they do when they can, you know that, right?

Elderberries are loaded with antioxidants and flavonoids that are anti-inflammatory. This is Nature’s medicine chest, but American doctors are forbidden from speaking positively about it, much less recommending it. Elderberries are anti-viral and even help fight off certain bacterial infections. So much for those antibiotics, huh?

A clinical study published in Bio Med Central (BMC) revealed to the world that black elderberry can help you fight off both influenza A and B viruses, as well as certain gram-positive and gram-negative bacteria that are responsible for upper respiratory infections. We’ve known this since back in 2011. We’re talking about a safe, efficient and inexpensive way to treat influenza, but the FDA and CDC have buried this information underground. No mass media coverage. No doctor talk. No more search engine revelations. Nothing. What’s next? Long lines for a CDC-concocted coronavirus “vaccine” that gives you the sickness on purpose?

Now, it could be that coronavirus infects 80% of the world’s population. Maybe, just maybe, elderberry extract could save us all from 2019 nCoV Coronavirus, but you certainly won’t know unless you try it, because the US sick care industry only sells dirty vaccines that spread diseases through shedding and severely compromised immune systems roaming around in their “herd.”

Tune your internet dial to Pandemic.news for updates on realistic statistics regarding the infected and the dead in the wake of worldwide coronavirus.

Sources for this article include:

RealFarmacy.com

Pandemic.news

NaturalNews.com

ScienceDirect.com
      Mike Fisch · 3 months ago
      I make elderberry jam from berries we pick ourselves in the Idaho mountains. It gets us through the flu season.

For the corona virus, I would also recommend this high-tech anti-viral supplement from CellCore Biosciences:

Gregg Walker · 3 months ago
      gary boyd - Thanks for this info! There is a lot of information on similar natural products that can/will help. Colloidal Silver, Vitamin C, and Orange Peel powder - none of which has to be very expensive. I will definitely check out the elderberry stuff now. Is it in powder, syrup, pill or what?
      Carl Goldsworthy · 3 months ago
      Don't know much about biology, but I can relate one oddity from my childhood.
      Anyone remember those electric heaters shaped like a radar dish 1 foot in diameter with a coiled element in the middle ? The wired glowed red - gave out 1kw radiant heat. A few times when sitting near it I became unable to breathe and got chest pain/paralysis. Even after moving away it was maybe half an hour before I mostly recovered.
      I guessed it was from ozone produced by burning oxygen.
      Goddam it - I was right !
      People who buy ozone generators may not be aware that ozone can harm the cells in the lungs and respiratory airways. Exposure to ozone irritates and inflames the lining of the respiratory system. This causes symptoms including coughing, chest tightness, shortness of breath, and impaired breathing.
        Gregg Walker · 3 months ago
        Carl Goldsworthy - Damn. What else? My wife LOVES air purifiers, but I will have to find out if they generate ozone (not sure). We have 2 dogs and a cat - even though I am allergic to both. I also have congestive heart failure which sometimes causes difficulty breathing.

Either way, they get people to buy these things "because the air is bad" (because of what THEY have done to it), then we find out the purifiers might be harming us. Just par for the course!
        Thanks for passing this on. I had no idea! Arrrrggggg
          Carl Goldsworthy · 3 months ago
          Years ago I read a study which showed on a map clusters of centenarians. All by the sea. They then guessed at reasons for longevity, clean air, active life physically and socially. I retired early - and bought a cottage on Loop Head, Ireland "in" the Atlantic ! And I gotta bike - but I live alone - oh well.

I guess you chose your wife - but what about the dogs and cat ?
          Did they wander in the door - or did they come as a job lot with the wife
          ?
          A cat comes and sits on my kitchen window shelf and purrs at me.
          I put out a saucer of milk - the cat took that. A week later it came again and I tried cooked fluffy rice - no deal. So I went to a local store and got some cat food packets - told the owner the cat has lived here longer than me so......it ate that. Any ideas for a more natural meal for a cat ?
          Vegetarian of course !
            Gregg Walker · 3 months ago
            Carl G. - You are correct, I chose my wife. She had 2 dogs then too, but I loved her so took the package. They were getting older so we got a cat! He's outside or sleeping most of the time so not a lot of trouble. Plus, I have a 10-year old son and he wanted a pet. The older 2 died and I thought "Phew. No more dogs!" That lasted about a week and she started begging for a puppy, and got my kid in on it. I didn't stand a chance!
            Then she pulled a switch on me and got 2 puppies instead of one because they were like sisters (Awwww). I wasn't wild about it, but the first week they were here, they caught and killed 3 rats in our back yard! I didn't think we had any. So, I decided they could stay.
            When I talked about the purifiers, I didn't doubt what you had said, but wondered if the ones we had generate ozone. Still have to find that out.

The place with the cottage sounds nice and peaceful. Do you have a pub or church nearby for socializing? Or now, I guess that would be a bad idea. Just wondered. Thanks again.
              Carl Goldsworthy · 3 months ago
              As regards air machines and ozone - iffy https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Air_purifier
              But I wont come between a man and his woman - a man can get killed that way. (Dont ask !)
              After WW2 the UK set up a free medical service - the National Health Service. Priority was to get the women out of the factories back home making babies. The men wandering around the streets with their rifles and pig stickers needed patching up and putting to work.
              I was born 1952 at the first NHS hospital for premature babies - the Sorrento - at 6 months (mother had had tuberculosis, smoked). Once owned by Neville Chamberlain
              moseley-society.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/Sorrentoforweb-historyofsorrento.pdf
              I was given to an aunt after a few months , and went home at 3 years. I can still remember that day !
              The family live in a terraced council house with access to the rear yards through a tunnel between the houses. At the end was two full size solid gates, one to the left & right houses. My big brother opened the right door and a big dog jumped up on me !
              I did spend decades "socialising" - aka getting drunk and smoking down the pub. Since all my pub friends kept dying I gave it up before joining them. Retired now, I tell people I have an allergy - to human beings !
            James Huff · 3 months ago
            Carl,

Cats are not vegetarian. They are carnivorous. They have teeth for cutting and ripping meat and require the protein from the meat to survive. They can and will eat grass, especially with an upset stomach, just like a canine would. Felines will find birds, mice, shrews, etc. to eat if you don't provide the protein they require. Which is why it is never a good idea to have the front or rear climbing gears removed from felines. My wife has a degree in veterinary medicine, and I verified this with her before posting. I myself, love cats, dogs, snakes, scorpions, Bearded Dragons, Iguanas, etc. Although I tolerate parrots, they have a high pitched squeal to my ears which is like fingernails on a chalk board to most people. So, although we have have many parrots in our lifetime, I don't think I would have any more unless it was a mercy adoption.

When this virus hits full force, I feel for all the lost souls whole heartily, but I feel sorry for the animals locked in houses and cages who won't be able to feed themselves and will starve to death.

Good luck with your adopted cat. :-)
              Carl Goldsworthy · 3 months ago
              When we were young I can remember as kids being pushed out the front garden gate with the family dog. And the mammy telling the dog to keep us on the footpath to the shop and back, and not to let us out onto the road.
              We tested the dog as we walked - each time we moved towards the road he barked at us ! One smart moggie.
              I am a newbie veggie - still eating fish - but I object to getting meat for a cat ! As you say - he is well able to kill his own dinner. So, no tinned sardines for tiddles. Just looking for something to keep in the fridge when the cat feels social.
              I just remembered a woman where I worked in Coventry, England. She asked me to walk down the road to her house - as we approached I saw the front door open - and thought she had been burgled. Inside, cats everywhere. She told me she was a volunteer with a cat rescue charity. Nobody would dare enter without her ok - even her husband had problems getting in !
      Carl Goldsworthy · 3 months ago
      I found that fascinating - but just because a light flashed on in my head.
      I worked IT writing software for decades. Since 1981 I became increasingly dismayed at the inability or lack of desire to actually update software correctly.

IT people refer to "spaghetti" code. The more updates and people that are inflicted on the code - the more unintelligible the code becomes.

So it gets fixed by scrapping a system and selling a newly re-witten one.

As people dribble on about "financial tools" I see that this financial system has to be scrapped - it is beyond repair.
        Shane Chambers · 3 months ago
        Ecc 1:15: What is crooked cannot be made straight, and what is lacking cannot be counted.

Some of those old financial systems are based on Old Technology / Old Hardware too, Mainframes, Cobol...hard to find people that can replace that. It took decades to develop it. The experts are dead and long gone. No one wants to work on it, and it's too expensive to hire contractors. Like "Totaling" a car after a crash, sometimes that's what needs to be done because it would take too much time to straighten it out.
          Carl Goldsworthy · 3 months ago
          Truth to tell, the banks kept/keep Cobol back ends just BECAUSE current proggies cannot understand them. And hence they cannot be externally hacked.

Software does not crash and break. It wears out as the environment in which it started out changes and updates are done badly.

It is not like a car.
          A new car will contain the 99% same technology with a new body (and generous mark up).
          A new version of a software system will be 99% rewritten using a version language/version and compiler/toolkit.
        TSlinger · 3 months ago
        I'm in it bro, the financial world, not IT, but know enough from what I do- and I agree. Seeing it today, right now. If only I could talk about it...

Escalation upon escalation today. Why today? Things seem definitely afoot.
          Carl Goldsworthy · 3 months ago
          "If only I could talk about it..."
          but you can, no-one is listening....

"Why today?" - KerPlunk !
            TSlinger · 3 months ago
            Indeed...if what I am fixing today is any indication of what's coming...man, I'm getting the chills and hoping I'm just over-thinking it. I fear I'm not...criminal technology is making it increasingly look like a losing battle to conduct even mundane business. The end of traditional tools (plastic/paper) is coming more clearly into view every day.
              Carl Goldsworthy · 3 months ago
              I think I understand the "criminal technology" - illicit knowledge used for front running ? (for poker players - the banksters give you see through cards.)
              Each new generation has a wheeze for a ponzi based on a novel asset. Paper and plastic will VERY soon return to gold - as it has done for thousands of years.

Note that Jesus threw the money changers (aka banksters) out of the temple because they refused to enact the customary debt Jubilee when a new king took the throne.
    Just a fun fyi.
    Has anyone noticed most big cities have freeways around & cutting thru them. All of those freeways have "sound barrier" walls on both sides of said freeways.
    Alot of them have exits within site of each other.
    Shut down the freeways. Block & man the exits with National Guard. Open freeway becomes a beautiful killing zone because we can allow the spread of this virus. The safty of the nation is a stake!
    Yyou don't have to keep the peace. Things will settle to new norm and routine in a few days when people realize help is not coming. They're not getting out and their family is hungry.
    Those in the country will fend for themselves for a time and just be happy the "golden hord" hasn't arrived.